The Art and Skill of Negotiation - Thursday, October 29th, 2020 (Half Day)
Date: Thursday, October 29th, 2020 from 9am - 12pm (½ day)
Life is one big negotiation that some of us are better at than others. The Art of Skill and Negotiation should be a pre-requisite course for anyone who negotiates as part of their professional life. Combining lessons learned from of Harvard Law School, world famous historical negotiation cases studies, and world leaders Jennifer teaches even an experienced negotiator a newfound way to approach their next negotiation. Novice or experienced negotiators increase their confidence and skills to properly plan for key negotiations and learn how to be much more strategic in their thinking and expectations.
- learn the 7 tenants of negotiation
- explore the difference between positional and interest-based negotiation
- mindset and approach
- learn how to properly prepare for a negotiation
- negotiation communications and it’s nuances
- explore incredible case studies of famous negotiations and discuss lessons learned
- learn how to determine a reasonable scope of acceptability and walk away points
- the importance and role of benchmarks
- breaking stalemates
What will I learn?
Participants in the Art and Skill of Negotiation workshop will learn key skills, attitudes, techniques and theory of successful negotiation. We will delve into the preparation that in key to feeling prepared and confident before entering into negotiations. Participants will also practice and plan for a negotiation based on real like examples to hone skills that we have discussed and learned.