Managing Stress, Burnout and Remote Work in the Era of Covid-19 - Monday, October 26th, 2020
Date: Monday, October 26th, 2020 from 10am-12pm (2 hours)
In this workshop, participants will discuss and share what contributes to stress and burnout in the workplace and in our lives in general. We will discuss proven techniques and strategies to manage a healthy work and home life balance and the importance of mindset in a pre-emptive effort to stave off burnout and create a more balanced and emotionally sound life.
This updated workshop also provides a venue for employees and management to discuss the effects of Covid-19 on their mental health. Participants will be reminded of the importance of “logging off” from work, the negative effects of creating a 24/7 work virtual work environment and be given helpful ways to create structure around their work life. Participants leave the workshop with a ‘call to action’ on balancing their lives, being cognizant of their wellness and managing their stress levels.
- defining and understanding normal day to day stress vs. high-stress and burn-out and resilience
- identifying as a group, factors that add to a person’s resilience and a resilience exercise
- introspection exercise to identify the participants personal stressors
- learning the importance of toxic elements in our lives and identifying if there is an opportunity to eliminate any toxic influences from one’s life, workwise or otherwise
- understanding the consequences to ignoring prolonged stress and burn-out
- delivery of proven stress management activities and techniques