The Art and Skill of Negotiation - Thursday, October 29th, 2020 (Full Day)
Date: Thursday, October 29th, 2020 from 9am - 12pm and 1pm - 4pm (6 hours)
Life is one big negotiation that some of us are better at than others. The Art of Skill and Negotiation workshop should be a pre-requisite course for anyone who negotiates as part of their professional life. Combining lessons learned from of Harvard Law School, world famous historical negotiation cases studies, and world leaders, Jennifer teaches even an experienced negotiator a newfound way to approach their next negotiation. Novice or experienced negotiators increase their confidence and skills to properly plan for key negotiations and learn how to be much more strategic in their thinking and expectations.
Topics will include everything taught in the introductory session (below) plus we will practice our skills through the use of role play and coaching in a small group settings. Practice is proven to set the learners new skills for long term retention and help the learner feel more confident and prepared to use new skills in their next workplace engagement.
- learn the 7 tenants of negotiation
- explore the difference between positional and interest-based negotiation
- mindset and approach
- learn how to properly prepare for a negotiation
- negotiation communications and it’s nuances
- explore incredible case studies of famous negotiations and discuss lessons learned
- learn how to determine a reasonable scope of acceptability and walk away points
- the importance and role of benchmarks
- breaking stalemates